Please, read my Affiliate Disclosure Here!
Whether you like it or not, all businesses are greatly dependent on the internet. Without an online presence, you should not expect your business to grow. Now, this is where growth, reach, and sales are happening. For example, millions of businesses have chosen Instagram as their main hub. On it, they introduce their new products, advertise, and contact potential customers directly. However, social accounts don’t give you the fame and reliability you are looking for. What can make people sure of your brand or company? One of the best ways to gain visibility among potential customers is by creating a website. To have a professional website, you will need web hosting services. Here, in this article, we will talk about two of the most famous web hosting service providers: Bluehost and Hostinger.
What are the benefits of running a website for your business?
You might be wondering why businesses should spend money on running a website? I mean, aren’t social accounts enough? There are many advantages of creating a website for your business that convince everybody to do so. Here are the most important benefits of having a website for your brand or company:
– Getting online: websites speak for themselves. For social accounts, you need to interact with your customers all the time. And, if you are not online just for an hour, you will miss too many opportunities. However, a website has many things that can help potential customers get the information they are looking for.
– Having full control: when you are on social media, you can get creative. However, you are limited by their rules, after all. With a website, you have your own space to act, write, sell, offer, advertise, and get creative as you wish.
– Branding: what is the key element in branding? Of course, it is what your competitors haven’t done yet. That how you get a credential. Your competitors might have millions of users on social platforms. However, not many of them own a professional website. Even in 2021, having a website could make a huge difference between you and others.
– Information 24/7: There are many creative and engaging ways available on social platforms like videos, photos, etc. However, you are limited by people’s tastes. People are looking for exciting things on social platforms. So, there might not be enough room to get serious about your business and feed them. With the website, you can let your customers access reliable information all the time.
– Establishing trust: let me put it this way. Internet is full of negative and, most of the time, unfair reviews from unhappy customers. These reviews tear your business apart! How can you avoid it? The best way is honesty! You can put reviews from your customers. Or, you can interview them and put the videos on your website. That’s how you are going to fight all these negativities out there.
– Gaining organic traffic: if you have a professional and user-friendly website, you won’t need to pay money to advertise. You will reach fame gradually, which is going to be paid by Google.
Now, I’m going to introduce and explain the features of Bluehost and Hostinger as two of the most common web hosting service providers. Let’s dive into it.
Bluehost is a leading web hosting solutions company. It lets professional, and amateur users create their websites and expand whatever they are trying to do. The company was established in 2003. Amazingly, they are providing services for more than two million users.
Their online presence is one of their best features, making customers sure that their probable problems will be solved quickly.
Their products include shared, WordPress, VPS, dedicate, and reseller hosting with hosting features. Also, they provide cloud hosting, email, and Minecraft hosting. Right now, the company has more than 750 employees.
Just like Bluehost, Hostinger is another web hosting provider and the internet domain registrar. The company was established in 2004. In 2020, more than 800 employees were working for the company. Hostinger’s services include shared-web, cloud, WordPress, cPanel, VPS, Minecraft, and CyberPalnel VPS hosting. Besides, domain checker, domain transfer, and WHOIS database are other services provided by Hostinger.
Which one is better? Bluehost or Hostinger?
Let see how people have compared these two big names. We will compare them concerning different factors like ease of use, pricing, website speed, online support, etc.
Here are the most important criteria:
Bluehost and Hostinger: plans and pricing
There are three plans available on the website. They include shared hosting, online stores, and managed WordPress. They cost 3.95, 12.95, and 14.95 dollars per month, respectively. If you are a beginner, it is recommended to buy the shared hosting plan because it makes you create your website. However, an online store plan is good for making a lot of money by selling products online. With this plan, you will be able to manage shipping and processing payments with WooCommerce hosting. Finally, the managed WordPress plan is suitable for brands that have already established themselves and looking for more growth.
Compared to Bluehost, Hostinger offers less high prices. However, are they as good as Bluehost or not? Let’s review the plans and pricing. There are three plans available, including Singe, Premium, and Business, costing 0.99, 2.19, and 3.99 dollars per month. They provide very diverse features. For example, in terms of processing Power and Memory, business and premium plans work 4X and 2X better than the Single feature. Or, with a single plan, you will be able to create only one website. However, with Premium and Business plans, you can create up to 100 websites. This is amazing!
Interestingly, Free SSL Certificate, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7/365 support, Powerful Control Panel, Webmail access, DNS management, FTP over SSL, File Manager, Weekly Backups, Access Manager, Multiple PHP Versions, PHP Configuration, Remote MySQL, phpMyAdmin, InnoDB, 1-Click Installer, and Cache Manager are available on all plans. In addition to these services, Hostinger offers some of the most popular top domain names, including.LIVE, .digital, .net, .tech, .com, .online, .xyz, and .link.
Bluehost and Hostinger: Ease of Use
This feature is important, especially for beginners. As a beginner, you don’t want to get involved with technical issues. He/she needs to design and make it go as fast as possible. Both websites are great in this respect. They have both a user-friendly dashboard to manage things very quickly:
Let’s start with Bluehost’s features. As we said, the dashboard is straightforward to use, which lets you manage your account and website. Also, there is a tool called A one-click WordPress install on Bluehost. Some managers need cPanel. Fortunately, Bluehost provides it for users. Designing your website is very easy with a pre-installed Bluehost menu within your WordPress dashboard.
What about Hostinger’s features? Just like Bluehost, Hostinger’s dashboard is stylish and minimal. Users will learn how to work with it very fast. Also, cPanel does exist here, which has been customized a bit by Hostinger. So, it’s a bit different from other normal dashboards. Not to mention that installing WordPress is very fast and easy too.
Bluehost vs. Hostinger: Support
Customers are usually satisfied with Bluehost and Hostinger’s support. Both have more than one way to answer the questions and requests from the customers. Let’s review how they help their customers.
Bluehost presents online in three different ways. First, they have a knowledgebase. What is it? It is actually a database full of tutorials, guides, videos, instructions, and other options. If you have any problems, you are probably going to find your answer there.
Also, phone support is another way of helping customers. It gives employees and customers to talk directly and avoid misunderstandings. Also, they have live chat support. You might visit the website for the first time and have some basic questions. You will get help from employees who are communicating with you through Live chat.
Just like Bluehost, Hostinger has a knowledgebase as well as Live chat. There are many articles and tutorials available on the knowledgebase. There is an interesting section in the knowledgebase is “getting started.”
If you have any problems and don’t know how to start working with the website, you will find your answer in this section. Instead of phone support, Hostinger has email support. In this way, employees have more time searching about the questions and practical, useful, and correct information.
As we said today, online presence is one of the most important factors in business success. Social platforms have helped them gain popularity freely. However, having more social accounts doesn’t mean your business is going to dominate the market. One of the things that can make a difference is running a website for your business. It is going to be the main hub for all your activities.
So, what do you need for running a website? You will need a web hosting provider. There are too many companies providing such services. Two of them are Bluehost and Hostinger. In this article, we tried to introduce them to you and then compare them. As far the comparison goes, they are both great. However, there are some minor differences. Let’s review the pros and cons of Bluehost and Hostinger again.
Pros and cons with Bluehost
Here is a short review of pros with Bluehost:
– It provides different plans.
– It is also very flexible if you decide to change your hosting needs.
– It is famous for its fast and professional experts who answer you very well.
– If you don’t like to work with Bluehost, they will give you a full refund. However, you have to cancel it within a month after buying the service. If you cancel after a month, you are still going to be refunded to an extent.
Cons with Bluehost
Here are some negative points about Bluehost:
– There is no uptime at all. If any unexpected problem occurs and, as a result, your website doesn’t function properly, Bluehost is not going to compensate. So, there is no guarantee with that respect.
– Also, if you decide to migrate and, it will cost you. This is against its competitors that don’t ask for money for website migration.
Pros and cons with Hostinger
Here is some positive point about Hostinger:
– It offers one of the lowest prices compared to the competitors.
– There are many free options and features available on Hostinger, including a free SSL certificate, free BitNinja security, unlimited SSD disk space.
– It is going to take backups every day and every week.
– If you are not happy with the services, they will take your money back. However, you have to let them know within a month.
Cons with Hostinger
There are some negatives points too. Here they are:
– Unlike Bluehost, Hostinger doesn’t provide phone support. This isn’t good because they lose direct communication with their potential customers.
– Just like Bluehost, if you want to migrate, you will have to pay some money.
Conclusion and Other Available Options
As we talked about it, there are plenty of web hosting providers in every corner of the world. There are many alternatives to both Bluehost and Hostinger. To choose the right one, you have to take your budget, your expectations, and your abilities to work with them into account. Of course, you won’t find only one or two options. Let’s see what these alternatives are:
Hostgator, Inmotion, HostWinds, Dreamhost, GreenGeeks, and Domain are some of these alternatives. Again, first, you need to think about your needs and pick one. For example, Hostgator is the best shared web hosting. Or, Inmotion is the best reseller web hosting.
So, haven’t you decided yet? Don’t worry! It happens to everybody when they get confused over a good web hosting service. What are you waiting for? You can go and check their website. Also, there are many good videos on YouTube comparing them concerning different parameters.
I would like to know what your experiences are! Please let me know in the comment section below!
To your success,